Make decisions and allocate resources based on decision-makers’ informed judgements.
All health systems have to decide how best to use their resources, which usually requires confronting trade-offs between multiple criteria from multiple stakeholder perspectives.
During the Covid-19 crisis …
1000minds is being used to create a tool for prioritizing Covid-19 patients for intensive care (e.g. ventilators). News »
We have examples of tools for prioritizing Covid-19 patients that you can adapt, or create your own tools from scratch. We’re available to help too (more »).
- Prioritization of patients for access to elective (non-urgent) health care (more »)
Health technology prioritization
- Prioritization of spending on pharmaceuticals, medical devices, equipment, procedures, etc (more »)
Disease classification and diagnosis
- Identification of criteria for classifying and diagnosing diseases (more »)
Disease R&D prioritization
- Prioritizing infectious diseases for Research & Development (more »)
- Identification and prioritization of treatment guidelines (more »)
Health-related quality of life
- 1000minds supports research into the measurement and valuation of HRQoL (more »)
Other health applications
- Planning for and responding to disasters and pandemics
- Assessing students for admission to medical school
- Ranking health professionals for jobs (e.g. junior doctors for hospitals)
- Allocating hospital budgets and prioritizing business projects
- Ranking new medical innovations
- Allocating research funding, etc